logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads branch

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Sep 8 13:01:47 BST 2013

Hi,

the mergeroads branch should be stable now so I invite all to test it.

Here are the changes compared to trunk:

* Roads now become merged before the routing network is created. This
might improve routing on long distances (I have seen some). The number
of roads in the routing network is reduced by 10-20% (in germany).

* refs are now composed in the style sheet and not in java code. The new
tag mkgmap:ref is used for that (see inc/refs in default style).

* access restrictions are now also handled in the style sheet and not in
java code. There are some new tags for that:
mkgmap:access:emergency
mkgmap:access:delivery
mkgmap:access:car
mkgmap:access:bus
mkgmap:access:taxi
mkgmap:access:foot
mkgmap:access:bike
mkgmap:access:truck
mkgmap:access:carpool
If a tag is set to 'no' the given access type is restricted in the map.
All other values are mapped to 'yes'.
I have tried to convert the java code to the style sheet. This was quite
complicated but I hope it's rather correct. See new include file inc/access.

* Instead of using hardcoded rules for maxspeed it is now possible to
control that via style file. Set the mkgmap:road-speed-class tag to the
desired class value (0 to 7) and use the new functions maxspeedkmh() and
maxspeedmph() to parse the maxspeed tag.

* Two new actions that seems useful to me:
echotags 'Hello'
prints out the OSM element id plus all tags of the element plus the
text. This seems to be useful for style debugging.

deletealltags
removes all tags from an element and therefore stops its processing.

I would be happy to get a lot of feedback!

Have fun!
WanMil