logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distorted lines

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sun Sep 1 02:48:17 BST 2013

Hi,

I observe badly looking lines. I have attached some pictures and xml
objects that doesn't look good on Garmin map.

My guess is that there is no proper simplifications for resolution
24bit. Points too dense are removed in a non optimal way which can lead
to jagged curves. This could be the reason for bad looking tram railways
(file tram1.osm in test.zip).

Other reason could be removing of short lines. I think in this case some
nodes are moved. It looks like instead of creating a new node in a
middle of removed line, first point is used. This can lead to bigger
distortion. This is probably the case of road example (file road1.osm).

--
Best regards,
Andrzej