logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Converting S-57/ENC -> Garmin Format?

From Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com on Fri Aug 16 21:25:32 BST 2013

On 16/08/2013 20:45, Nick Hughes wrote:
> Do you happen to know how much of the original data is retained and/or
> milage this convertor has seen?

It converts all the S57 objects & attributes within the ENC file, with
the option to selectively filter. The converter is an unfinished
project, in that the line/area object processing is incomplete. Since I
am in the the process of porting searender to Java, I have stopped work
on the original, with the long-term aim of doing direct 8211-OSM
conversion. However, the renderer must come first!

The only mileage s57toosm has seen is my testing it with random NOAA,
Dutch RWS & German WSV charts.