logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Search addresses for latin countries (help on reg exp)

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Aug 6 13:04:45 BST 2013

On 05/08/13 22:03, Enrico Liboni wrote:
> I tried r2662 but... no luck. Index search is  worse: using "Via
> Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart" as example, actually if I type "Via W" and tap
> done nothing is found, same for "Via Wo", then if I type "Via Wol"
> magically (without tapping on done) two entries appears (indeed just the
> two entries in the city starting with "Via Wol"). If I try to search by
> "Mozart" or "Wolfgang" or whatever and tap on done nothing is found. So
> just the "autosearch" seems to work and on the street full name only :(
> I've a Nuvi510.

I must appologise, the code doesn't create an entry for
every word just the first and second one. So a search
for Via Wolfgang... and Wolfgang... could be expected to work.

I will change it so that all words are done.

Also I would recommend trying on a small area first, because there
may be a problem caused by so many 'Via' names and also it
is easier to find problems from a smaller area.

..Steve