logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Search addresses for latin countries (help on reg exp)

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Mon Aug 5 18:04:04 BST 2013

Hi,

I think there are 2 problems there. First is how does name look on the
map and how it is pronounced by navigations. There could be different
rules depending on country. To some extend names could be standardized
in style definitions.

Other problem is search for address. This is a problem of proper
indexing of street names and it can't be done in style definition.

I think currently mkgmap uses whole string for indexing. Better way
would be create index by all words in street name. Or maybe by even all
sequences of words in street name.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Popowski