logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2659: Make parameter housenumbers official

From "Maxim Düster" maxc at gmx.de on Sat Jul 20 11:31:42 BST 2013

Hello everyone!
Can somebody explain me how the option --housenumbers works? It doesn't make any difference to me whether I use this option or not - the resulting gmapsupp.img has the same size. Should this function on the real device? On my nüvi I can enter any house number in the address search - the result is always one and the same point on  the street and not the point nearest to the house I sought for. I tried it with the default style. The houses on the streets have addr:housenumber and addr:street set. The latter matches the street name.
What should I take into account so that it works as expected? Do I misunderstand something?

Max