logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] polygon-size-limit inside polygons file - large work to implement?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Jul 11 14:28:44 BST 2013

well as for your proposal - the same could be achieved by addind a
function like
{set mkgmap:polygon-size-max-limit=24:300000 ; 23:200000 ; 22:150000 ..}
and then there is no need to calculate the size in m². Especially if you
want to use this for checking against broken polygons regulary, you will
need to basically add sensible values for each of your lines in the
polygon file - hence that will need quite a bit of computation time, and
then using some data existing should be much quicker then first
calculating this number.

I did not plan to use this widespread - just for certain polygon types
that are very often used for micromapping (and micromapping is a thing I
rather omit, sadly people go f*ck crazy in Vienna, mapping all
boardwalks, rubbish bins, gullies and even indoor ways of every floor of
public buildings in some universities.  - due to garmin units precision
this already means no more straight streets at intersections and similar
problems)

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org