logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] polygon-size-limit inside polygons file - large work to implement?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Jul 10 16:21:33 BST 2013

Well I recently noticed, that some super detail mappers, started to map
landuse=grass or leisure=garden for supersmall areas. E.g. a 2x4m
private garden, or a 1mx10m long strip between both sides of a road.
Yuck....

I would prefer to keep my maps clean, and get rid of that garbage. Could
there be a polygon-size-filter that works also for resolution=24, and
that can be setup much more aggressive?
Especially for gardens and grass, I don't need small private ones, but
would like to keep big public gardens and grassfields.

So could there be an implementation like the following for the polygons
file:
{set mkgmap:polygon-size-limit=24:30 ; 23:20 ; 22:15 ..} which overrides
the default setting?

That would be absolutely great for combating all the micromapping junk!

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org