logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing problem on Edge 800

From Steve Brophy steve.brophy at gmail.com on Wed Jun 19 20:27:16 BST 2013

I have recently noticed a problem when following routes or tracks on my
800, with turn guidance turned on. Sometimes, the calculated route diverges
from the gpx track and road, and makes a straight line to somewhere further
on. The attached screenshot shows an example.

I build my own maps, and noticed this problem with mkgmap-r2643.  When I
build a map with mkgmap-r2585 (the most recent older version I have), I do
not see this problem. If someone can point me at any intermediate versions
(I don't build mkgmap from source), then I can try and narrow down when the
problem first occurs.

Steve