logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Questions regarding routing

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Jun 7 22:30:07 BST 2013

The idea behind it was that one could priotize or depriotize roads close
to Point X.

However it is seriously flawed in so far, that mkgmap:road-min-speed /
max-speed doesn't work.
If you tag road-min-speed=1, the road previously was road-speed=0 and
the command is road-speed=-1, it will actually increase the speed to the
min-speed.
However the intention is only that road-speed>0 are not decreased to 0
if that command is given. It should never increase...

Else the problem is, that the distance it works, is very short anyhow,
now that roads are split up into very short distances everywhere.

To improve routing, a much better approach would be to check the
finished routing graph for heavy road-class changes on intersections.
Garmin doesn't like to route from a road-class=4 onto a 0-1. Only 2 or 3
are liked. The max difference should be 2. However that will be
difficult to achieve.
Also high angles on intersections could have an automatic road-speed
decrease by 1 or 2 (depending on the current state) - or even more
smoothing out - that is still something going crazy. A turn of 160° is
like minimum 1 minute time penalty...
On 07.06.2013 22:59, GerdP wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
>

> Carlos Dávila-2 wrote
>> El 07/06/13 21:45, GerdP escribió:
>>> Questions:
>>> 1) If a road with road_speed=4 has e.g. 10 points (= OSM nodes) , and the
>>> 3rd point has tag