logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Questions regarding routing

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jun 7 22:07:37 BST 2013

WanMil wrote
> What the hell are short arcs? Everybodys talking about but I haven't
> understood so far... :-)

I think an arc is created for each part of a road that is connected to other
roads,
the connections are CoordNodes. Search for arcLength in RoadNetWork.java.

In some comments, a short arc is one with length 0 m,
in other places we say a short arc is shorter than the value passed with the
--remove-short-arc option.
I think the latter is better. Roads with short arcs sometimes lead to
routing problems.