logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Handling of refs

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Jun 1 17:48:28 BST 2013

That's what I plan to do:

1. I will post a small gmapsupp.img with very few roads that show any
possible combination of symbol, number of labels so that a broad number
of people can test and post, in which situations which labels are
displayed, spoken as routing instructions etc.

2. Implement new mkgmap tags:
mkgmap:ref_symbol
mkgmap:label1
..
mkgmap:label4
The new tags are used only if the mkgmap option --name-schema is set. If
this option is not set (--no-name-schema) a warning is printed with
hints how to reorganize the styles to use the new --name-schema.

@Felix: The address tags (mkgmap:country, mkgmap:region, mgkmap:city
etc.) will stay the same.

3. After 3 months mkgmap uses --name-schema as default.

4. After another 3 months only the new tagging schema is supported.

WanMil