logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] overview2 branch

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed May 29 22:17:20 BST 2013

Hi Gerd

> need your help here.
> See screenshot from Felix at
> http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Overview2-branch-options-file-typo-tp5759855p5759894.html

> How do you think should the values look like for a configuration with -
> say 10 - levels,
> 5 in the normal maps and 5 in the overview map?

It should look like it does in the screenshot, with Zoom0=5, rather
than Zoom0=0. But if you can't have a level greater than 8, then
it would not be possible to have 10 levels in that case.

> And what do I have to change?

I think that the overview map levels should just be
LevelInfo.createFromString(levelSpec) but I see that used to be the
case and then you changed it in r2592, so presumably some part of
the code didn't deal with it properly.  Can you recall the reason the
change was made?

> I don't know how to produce an overview map with other tools, and afaik
> I don't have one from Garmin.

A Garmin map that I own has the equivalent of

	levels = 0:23, 1:21, 2:19
	overview-levels = 2:17, 3:15, 4:13

The overview map also has two empty levels above those, rather than
the usual one empty level.

   http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/124/Selection_025.png

..Steve