logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] overview-branch: missing tiles in mapsource

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Wed May 29 12:29:32 BST 2013

Hi Gerd,

On Wed, May 29, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> Maybe you should not use resolution 10. As mkgmap adds an empty level with res 9, this might simply be
> unknwon to MapSource. GPSMapEdit shows "GPS zoom" unknown for resolution 9:

Ok, but then we should adjust the mkgmap documentation for
the overview levels:
"  --overview-levels=3:18,4:16,5:12,6:10"

Maybe use "  --overview-levels=3:18,4:16,5:14,6:12" instead?

> besides that I did not find any clear hint that explains this problem, but I fixed a few errors.
> Please try again with r2627.

I haven't tried r2627 yet, but the mkgmap version from last week
with changed resolution solved the problem for me.
Thanks!

Thorsten