logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Strange forest polygon

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon May 27 22:40:11 BST 2013

The problem only exists in Mapsource. Basecamp/GPS have no problems.

I'm still of the very strong opinion - that merging contourlines based
on viewfinderpanoramas.org data - is not possible under odbl/viewfinders
license. So for me Freizeitkarte is a very strong breach of odbl usage
conditions.

I don't think you can create a garmin map - and say that the .img files
- are under a NC license - the .img must stay under odbl. If someone
could clear this up - perfect. For me merging contourlines beforehand -
into the same map layer, is only legal if you use PD data - like DEM.

You can still say that .typ-files are under whatever license you want,
same goes for gmapsupp.img or for .exe installers (all are containers -
which can be splitted into parts) - but not for .img files.

Felix