logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] brainstorming about country-specific styles

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Sat May 25 12:29:26 BST 2013

Hi there,

while cycling in New Zealand I found out, thats a little bit toeasy just
taking a style (routing and map-look) and use it in parts of the world,
which are very different to Central Europe. Eg. it's not that
interesting if the road is a trunk or a unclassified, but it's very
interesting to show if a road is sealed or unsealed.

If there are only small things, which are country-specific it's pretty
easy to use just & mkgmap:country=???. But this will makes the style
quite confusing to understand. So I thought it would be nice to have
something like:

if( <key>==<value> ) {
<includes or style rules>
}

I think such a if-clause would also in general makes style-files a
little bit more readabeland shouldn't bethat complex to implement (or am
I wrong?).

What do you think about such a if-clause? Maybethere is a better way for it.

Henning