logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem for routing with different zoom levels

From Geoff Sherlock geoffrey_sherlock at btinternet.com on Mon May 20 19:31:03 BST 2013

OK, it seems if you mix zoom levels and routing things go wrong, changed style to thus. . .

highway=primary [0x10e0c level 3 continue]
highway=primary [0x03 road_class=2 road_speed=1 level 2]

Routing works fine. I suggest it should be mentioned in the style document that lines only at higher levels should not use routable types; and not be routable, but I am not sure about the routable types part?!? But better to be safe than sorry.

But, another question, why does this work. . .

junction=roundabout [0x0c road_class=1 road_speed=1 continue]
. . .
highway=trunk [0x10e0b level 3-4 continue]
highway=trunk [0x02 road_class=3 road_speed=1 level 2]
highway=primary [0x10e0c level 3 continue]
highway=primary [0x03 road_class=2 road_speed=1 level 2]

Why does the routing on the roundabout (transparent line), followed by the routing later on - work?

From: Geoff Sherlock
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:26 PM
To: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] Problem for routing with different zoom levels

Not sure if anyone has spotted this before, as I have not been keeping a close eye on the mailing list lately.

I had the following defined in my style file; to show thinner lines for primary highways at different zoom levels:

highway=primary [0x1b road_class=2 road_speed=1 level 3-4 continue]
highway=primary [0x03 road_class=2 road_speed=1 level 2]

This seems to have broken routing in Mapsource and on the device. I removed the first line and changed the level on the second to 3 and it worked fine (I assume 4 would have worked fine as well).

Is there a restriction on doing this type of thing regarding routing?

Geoff.