logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Adaptions in style (needed to make good use of) for overview2 branch

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Mon May 20 10:07:53 BST 2013

Hi,
capital=yes is also used for regional capitals, eg. capital of a county
or lower administrative areas. Note: there are only 193 countries
accepted by UN and additional 13 ones not accepted. So I would recommend
to use is_capital=country in combination with place=city.

My experience tells me, that it's best to have only resolution 24
routeable, if you are using --merge-lines. Otherwise BaseCamp puts a
routing-destination somewhere on the road, if you are in a higher
zoomlevel. If you move this routing-destination afterwards back to the
intended point, it works well. If you only have resolution 24 routable
it works perfect without "jumping".

Henning