logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Optimization in overviev2 branch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed May 15 19:31:54 BST 2013

On 15.05.2013 12:21, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've committed r2612.
> This creates much fewer polygons, esp. in combination with the
> SeaGenerator and large sea areas.
> For a map of South America, the gmapsupp size is decreased by 20MB,
> the overview map size
> went down from 12 Mb to 3.9 Mb.
>
> It also seems that this fixes an issue with MapSource / Basecamp: If
> you max zoom out of the map created with r2610,
> the programs show many white rectangles for the sea areas, with r2612
> this is no longer the case.
strange, why white rectangles? since mkgmap:skipSizeFilter=true - this
didn't happen to me anymore. Anyhow great improvement. Those sea tiles
were cut far too small...

I have to try, but probably now higher min-size-polygon values, will
work again (well the new depending on resolution min-size filter isn't
redundant by this either - still a good solution)