logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] ways are deleted when not routable

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon May 13 09:20:26 BST 2013

Hi all,

the problem is not directly related to oneways. Here is what happens:
The merge-line method merges some OSM ways, but it doesn't care about the direction of parallel lines or loops and it may also
remove the preserved flag from a point that connnects two lines.
In this special case, it joins the points of the OSM ways 6971876,  120708547, 6971870, 120708550, and 6971878
to form a rather small circle plus a long line:

                                a--b

The merged line starts at point x (!) and goes via a,b,c, back to x and then to d.
The Douglas-Peucker-Filter finds that the small loop is all within the error tolerance and removes it,
so that the remaining way is the line between x and d.

I've committed r2606 to fix this error. Whenever the merge-lines method merges two lines, it sets the preserved flag for the connection point.
This solves the problem and causes only a small increase of the img size.

Gerd