logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2580: - correct check-styles: overlays are not used for points and polygons

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri May 10 17:44:13 BST 2013

well best add to it, that for extended types, for many there is also
special treatment - and they won't appear on all devices - even if they
display in Mapsource 6.13.6 (this is still the best indicator, as many
extended types that won't be shown on GPS devices from Garmin, won't be
shown in 6.13.6 - but will be shown in later versions of Mapsource (>=6.14).

The only really "safe" extended types for lines are 0x10e?? to 0x10f??.
Types 0x11??? are not shown on many old devices. Types 0x10??? are about
50% shown. You need to experiment - and keep in mind that especially
Nuvi and other non outdoor Garmin GPS display less types!