logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Adaptions in style (needed to make good use of) for overview2 branch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue May 7 22:34:21 BST 2013

as a POI?

I think rather not. The boundary should suffice. At least for 12.
Then depending if you create a continent or a single country map, add
major capitals, or the capital.

I must say I don't understand resolution 11 so far - with options having
defined resolution 12 as lowest resolution. Why are country borders
still visible - but capitals and ocean disappears. This is nothing
really important - for orientation it suffices. It would just make it
look a little bit nicer.

Maybe it's mapsource/basecamp limitation? City Navigator stops at
resolution 13... (and adds 12,11,10 empty - so if you zoom out to 12,
the map is just an empty square). I think I will add empty resolution 11
too - it's nicer than the country boundaries (but then less practical) -
so tough decision...

BTW - with the style example I posted, Europe overview map is ~5MB. I
think that's a good size....