logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] merge-lines and routing

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri May 3 21:46:23 BST 2013

I have one problem with merge-lines - I often copy a road to put non
routable overlays on it. Currently I think sometimes the merge-lines or
some other filters are enacted on those copies - hence stuff like oneway
arrows (non routable) will be having a different shape, than the
underlying road.

I think I would need to have all ways that have a highway=* tag excluded
at 24 (or make sure that if the way is done by using a continue/continue
with_actions command - either before or after - will not be processed,
or processed the same way as the highway).

So assuming a road with highway=tertiary & oneway=yes I create to lines
(0x04 and 0x10650)

1.:
oneway=yes [0x10650 resolution 24 continue]
highway=tertiary [0x04 resolution 20]

both ways should be processed equally,

2.
highway=tertiary [0x04 resolution 20 continue]
oneway=yes [0x10650 resolution 24]

both ways should be processed equally again.

3.
however a way with railway=line & oneway=yes
oneway=yes [0x10650 resolution 24 continue]
railway=line [0x10651 resolution 22 continue]

should be processed, as they don't include a routable copy/origin
created using continue command.

Therefore I think exclude all filtering that is not done to highway=*
(or other definable keys) also for any other line that has a highway tag.
I haven't tried the patch yet (will do now) - but I think it could make
this above problem worse....