logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] merge-lines and routing

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu May 2 09:34:37 BST 2013

WanMil wrote
>> I'd prefer to do these calculations after all the filters were applied,
>> but
>> I don't know yet if it's possible.
>
> That sounds good. At least this approach avoids hard to find side
> effects of filters. And hopefully the code will get cleaner :-)

I had the same idea, but we still have to make sure that we don't loose
important information in the filters, esp. regarding nodes shared by roads.

I'd like to move all calls to methods of RoadNetwork after the filter chain,
but that is not that simple. I think we have to move also all the code reg.
restrictions, maybe also the housenumber part.

A sketch for the new program flow:
We keep StyledConverter up to the call of findUnconnectedRoads();
All other calculations regarding roads are probably better placed after the
filter chain.
I don't know how this will affect all the splitting routines. If we just
move the code
there is no benefit.

I still don't fully understand the special cases reg. routing and resolution
24.
If I got this right we add all roads to RoadNetwork and we do the routing
calculations
for all roads, no matter wheter they are written as resolution 24 or not.
This is also true for the routines like
setHighwayCounts() and findUnconnectedRoads().

Maybe this is okay because the users make sure that they add multiple copies
of a road
with different types on different resolutions, but should mkgmpa rely on
that?