logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] merge-lines and routing

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 30 08:12:35 BST 2013

Hi WanMil,

WanMil wrote
> Let's have a look on the processing in mkgmap:
>
> 1. The StyledConverter applies the style to the Way object. This creates
> a MapRoad object.
> 2. The MapRoad object is added to the RoadNetwork
> 3. The MapRoad object is passed through the filters. Some of these
> filters may not care about routing nodes (CoordNode). But filters
> usually copy the MapRoad object before modifying it.
> 4. After all filters have been applied the RoadNetwork is generated.
>
> Do you think my short algo desription is correct?
> I think it's not bad to try to understand the different processing steps
> to see the big picture...

I think the problem is that we do some calculations before the filters are
applied,
for example the StyledConverter calls
road.setNumNodes(numNodes);
which sets the number of coordNodes in a road. This number is written to the
img file,
so it causes errors if the number of these nodes doesn't match after the
filters were used.
I think the same problem may happen with the setStartsWithNode() method.

I'd prefer to do these calculations after all the filters were applied, but
I don't know yet if it's possible.