logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address Index problem

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Tue Apr 23 22:27:23 BST 2013

El 23/04/13 19:29, Patrick Steiner escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I currently playing around with the address index of garmin devices. I
> created a address index via a prebuild bounds file. But I had some
> problems finding streets. So I created my own osm-bounds file (with
> osmfilter and osmconverter). I didnt build an osm file instead of an
> o5m file. I loaded the file into josm and saw, that the problem is
> only in citys which are splitted into districts. So I tried to use the
> districtname as cityname and everything works fine. Is this a known
> problem. Or is there any workaround for this problem?
>
> Maybe this screenshot helps ;)
> http://twitter.com/paaast/status/326230133012836353/photo/1
Names used by mkgmap for cities, regions, etc. are set in a file called
addresses, placed in the styles/default/inc folder (if you are using
default style), based on the admin_level value of boundaries. These
names are configured individually for some countries and with a general
rule for the rest of countries. If you find mkgmap is not using the
correct city name for your country, you should tune addresses file for
it (please share your values with the list if you think current default
values are wrong).