logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Map display squeezed horizontally

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Apr 18 07:33:30 BST 2013

Hello Michael,

the algorithms used in mkgmap could explain some shifting of elements, but I have no idea how a squeeze could
happen.
The img format requires mkgmap to distribute data to different so called sub divisions, the positions of elements are
saved relative to these sub divisions. The more details your map contains, the more sub divs are created. So that would explain
small changes when a style adds more details.
The sub divisions may overlap, and I assume that rounding errors can cause that you see two objects
that are saved in different sub divs with a different distance.
I don't know if this can explain what you see?

Gerd