logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] levels vs. resolution

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Apr 11 14:12:03 BST 2013

yes the limit is 7 (0-6).

That's why it would be great, if there would be a separate style-file
for the overview map, that doesn't depend on the levels of the map.

So then theoretically 24,23,22,21,20,18,16  (with 16 being empty) and
16, 14,12,10 (10 being empty) for the overview map would be possible.
The overview map itself may also contain up to 7 levels.
And instead of a complex reading mechanism for the normal .img files, it
would suffice to read the old overview map (in case you add maps like
contourlines which need no data in the overview map, or take out maps
(just leave it inside and delete the tiles from the overview map so
Mapsource/Basecamp don't crash when routing).
On 11.04.2013 14:57, Henning Scholland wrote:
> Am 11.04.2013 11:53, schrieb Thorsten Kukuk:
>> On Thu, Apr 11, Henning Scholland wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> just another question: Is there a limit of number of levels if I'm using
>>> level? In wiki (
>>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/style_rules#level_.28see_also_resolution.29
>>> ) there is only a limited documented with resolution. If the number of
>>> levels is limited, the limited should be added to documentation (wiki
>>> and help-file).
>> Since level and resolution are the same "This is an alternative way
>> of specifying the zoom level", of course the limitations are the same,
>> too.
> Of course the garmin-map-level limit is the same. I meant if there is a
> limit for the number of level. Is it theoretic possible to define 24
> levels? Like --levels="0=24, 1=23, ..., 23=1"?
>
> Henning

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org