logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] levels vs. resolution

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Thu Apr 11 10:11:56 BST 2013

Hithere

If I got it right you can use resolution in style-file and this is
directly used as a garmin-map-level.

OR

I can use level in style-file and this is transferred via --levels="..."
to agarmin-map-level.

Is there a reason for having two ways of telling mkgmap on which
garmin-map-level a object should be displayed?
Maybe in help-file it should be written a little bit clearer that
--levels="..." is only needed if level is used in style-file.

Like:

--levels=levels code
     Change the way that the levels on the map correspond to the zoom
     levels in the device. See customisation help. The default is:
     "0=24, 1=22, 2=20, 3=18, 4=16, 5=15", although each style can have
     its own default.
     Only needed if level is used in style instead of resolution.

Henning