logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] When not to add operator,ref,brand to name

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Apr 11 10:03:31 BST 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:18:01AM +0200, Minko wrote:
>Yes Marko, this is a feature of newer devices.

OK.

>Could you please take a look at the style names with brand/operator?
>I think you only had this intended for gas stations but it has an impact on all pois.

I actually intended it for privately maintained roads, bus stops,
buildings that are accessible to the public, and the like.

>See my previous post at
>http://www.mail-archive.com/mkgmap-dev@lists.mkgmap.org.uk/msg15334.html

Sorry, I missed this one. I see, it is probably not useful to add
operator to place=* POIs. Also the city ref could be viewed as clutter
by most map users except those who are extremely interested in
administration.

What other POIs do you think should not get brand, operator, ref added
to the name? Only place=* and boundary=*, or do you have other examples
in mind?

Best regards,

	Marko