logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] overview2 branch

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Apr 11 08:38:55 BST 2013

WanMil wrote
>> Yes, and I think it makes sense to do that. If you add something to the
>> overview map which
>> is not shown in the next level, you will see that the boundary lines
>> disappear in Basecamp when you zoom in
>> (using full map data, not basemap only).
>
> You can implement styles where this happens in the normal map.
>
> boundary=administrative & admin_level<3 [0x1e resolution 16-18 continue]
> boundary=administrative & admin_level<3 [0x1e resolution 22]
>
> The boundary will disappear in resolution 19 to 21.
>
> Don't know if that makes sense but it is possible. So I don't see a
> reason why this shouldn't be possible for the overview map too.

Well, I can change the format of the config file so that one can specify
the level or resolution which should be used to read the data from.
This would be an optional parm, with the default being level 0  (resolution
24)
Sample:
line:0x1e,level=1
or
line:0x1e,resolution=22

Open question:
Should I also add support for multiple levels in the overview map?

This would result in something like this:
line:type=0x1e,from-resolution=22,to-resolution=13

with the meaning:
Read the img files, collect all lines with type 0x1e on map resolution 22
and place them in the overview map on resolution 13.
The defaults would remain as they are: read only the lowest resolution,
place everything on level 14.