logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway=track with no road_class and road_speed set breaks routing ## was ## "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Wed Apr 10 21:38:42 BST 2013

GerdP wrote
> Hi Franco,
>
> I did a few more tests now. I am able to reproduce the problem with a
> small input file:
> franco1.osm.pbf
> <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5756490/franco1.osm.pbf>
>
> My result with an Oregon 450t , software version 5.50:
> version 2447: routing to POI "Schönwetter Automobile" works, but
> address "Robert-Bosch-Straße 14" doesn't work.
>
> in all later versions both did not work.
>
> The change in r2448 was the remove-short-arc patch.
> One effect of this patch was that the order of roads and other ways did
> change,
> esp. the other ways were written first, roads later.
> In r2447, they were written in order of appearance in the osm data
> (because
> preserve-element-order=true is used)
> I've coded a small patch that changes the logic so that roads are always
> placed before other ways,
> and that seems to solve the problem for the POI search.
> roads_first_v1.patch
> <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5756490/roads_first_v1.patch>
>
> The compiled binary is here:
>  http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/103/mkgmap.jar
>
> With --x-housenumbers this version supports searching for addresses "a
> little bit":
> If you type housenumber  1 instead of 14, it shows you a list with two
> numbers (3 and 5),
> and routing to these works. It works also if you directly type 3 or 5 in
> the search dialog.
>
> I did not yet look at the overlay problem, maybe tomorrow.
>
> Ciao,
> Gerd

Hi Gerd,
I can confirm that the routing to the POI works perfectly with your patched
Version.

I can also confirm that the routing to the address is still broken.

Ciao,
  Franco