logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Translation system proposal

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Wed Apr 10 16:07:29 BST 2013

Currently we have the English word "Exit" in the default lines style
file, which is used by the exit_hint option. Obviously it isn't
appropriate for all languages, so I'm using a simple hack to avoid it,
that consist in changing "Exit" by the variable ${mkgmap:exit_tr} in the
style file and defining it in addresses file with lines of the form
mkgmap:country=ESP { set mkgmap:exit_tr='Salida' }. It works fine, but I
have thought of an better system that may be worth implementing it to be
used somewhere else (may be in the nsis template). It would consist in:
1-Adding a lang=xx definition to each country entry in LocatorConfig.xml
2-Creating a translations file with entries for each language:
exit_tr:
en=Exit
es=Salida
fr=Sortie
another_word_tr:
en=word
es=palabra
fr=mot

What do you think? Would it be easy to implement it?