logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway=track with no road_class and road_speed set breaks routing ## was ## "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Apr 10 13:35:36 BST 2013

Hi Franco,

I did a few more tests now. I am able to reproduce the problem with a small
input file:
franco1.osm.pbf
<http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5756490/franco1.osm.pbf>

My result with an Oregon 450t , software version 5.50:
version 2447: routing to POI "Schönwetter Automobile" works, but
address "Robert-Bosch-Straße 14" doesn't work.

in all later versions both did not work.

The change in r2448 was the remove-short-arc patch.
One effect of this patch was that the order of roads and other ways did
change,
esp. the other ways were written first, roads later.
In r2447, they were written in order of appearance in the osm data (because
preserve-element-order=true is used)
I've coded a small patch that changes the logic so that roads are always
placed before other ways,
and that seems to solve the problem for the POI search.

roads_first_v1.patch
<http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5756490/roads_first_v1.patch>

The compiled binary is here:
 http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/103/mkgmap.jar

With --x-housenumbers this version supports searching for addresses "a
little bit":
If you type housenumber  1 instead of 14, it shows you a list with two
numbers (3 and 5),
and routing to these works. It works also if you directly type 3 or 5 in the
search dialog.

I did not yet look at the overlay problem, maybe tomorrow.

Ciao,
Gerd

franco_bez wrote