logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway=track with no road_class and road_speed set breaks routing ## was ## "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Tue Apr 9 21:38:46 BST 2013

Hi Gerd,

I assume that I can skip the tests with the two versions 2447 and 2459 ?

I tested with the patched binary you provided.
with the "bogus" style there is no big difference
On the Oregon I get "no roads near target" both for the POI and for the
address, just like before.
On the Nüvi I get "calculating xx%" forever also for both targets. At least
it does no longer propose an impossible route over non existant ways.

In the mean time Bernd eliminated all routeable types without "road_speed"
and "road_class" in the "real" style.
Also in this style there is no noticeable change using your patched Version.
Both on the Nüvi and the Oregon routing to the POI is OK in the "real"
style, both with and without your patched version.
Routing to the address is still broken, both the Nüvi and the Oregon show an
impossible route over a non existant way, both with and without your patched
version.
<http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5756442/5_OREGON_ROUTE.png>

I'm not sure if your patched binary contains the warnings you implemented
for routeable lines without road_speed ?
this is the output of --list-styles using your patched version on the "real"
stlye
> java -jar mkgmap.jar
> --style-file=/home/franco/map_build/mystyles/basemap_style/ --list-styles
> Time started: Tue Apr 09 21:29:47 CEST 2013
> The following styles are available:
> basemap_style      1.0: The default AIO-basemap-style
> Time finished: Tue Apr 09 21:29:47 CEST 2013
> Total time taken: 472ms

I assume that the routing Problem to the POI can be avoided by using a style
where all routable types have the road_speed and road_class attributes.
But routing to the address must have a second "trigger" in the style.

I will now start the search for the offending lines in the "real" style.

Ciao,
  Franco

GerdP wrote