logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway=track with no road_class and road_speed set breaks routing ## was ## "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Tue Apr 9 09:04:47 BST 2013

Minko-2 wrote
>> How can I do this with the Oregon?
>
> Hi Gerd, there are two ways to do this.
> See http://gpsinformation.info/penrod/oregon/oregon.html
>
> When you are in Demo Mode (simulator) you can change your simulated
> location.  We discovered this on our own, as there is no tab to press on
> the screen and no documentation from Garmin.  Simply press the lower right
> hand corner of the satellite page while in Demo Mode and it will bring up
> a map.  Move the cursor to your desired location and then press the USE
> tab on the map page.   Garmin's documented way to set location in Demo
> mode, is to select a point and hit 'go' to navigate to it.  You will then
> be prompted whether you want to move to this location.

If you are using a recent firmware on the Oregon (with activity routing) the
simplest way to set your current position is to set the GPS to "demo mode"
in System Settings, then select a target in any way you like (adress search,
POI, tap on screnn does not matter) then hit GO and chosse "Luftlinien
routing" (maybe "direkt line" or so in English) you will be promted
"Simulate travel on route?" - answer "goto position".

Ciao,
  Franco