logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Configuration for overview map

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Sat Apr 6 09:35:47 BST 2013

On Fri, Apr 05, Minko wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
> The overview map is only meant for Mapsource and Basecamp.
> The GPS has its own basic map.

Hm, for Mapsource, at least for me, I don't see performance problems
even without an overview map. But the basic map of old Garmin devices are
next to useless or, on newer devices, breaks the OSM maps, since partiell
data of this maps are always shown on top of all maps if you don't disable
them.

I'm afraid on a device it is not possible to have different tiles for each
resolution? Bigger tiles if you zoom out would make it much more faster
and useable, too.

But one issue I see with my overview map: I only show motorways as lines.
But there are big holes in the lines. If I zoom in, this holes vanish.
Any idea what could be the reason for this?

  Thorsten