logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Support for "through_route" relations?

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Apr 3 21:43:26 BST 2013

> 0> In article <515C8E7F.4000004 at web.de>,
> 0> WanMil <URL:mailto:wmgcnfg at web.de> ("Wanmil") wrote:
>
> Wanmil> mkgmap contains some code to support "through_route" relations.
> [...]
> Wanmil> Shall we still support this type of relation?
> Wanmil> Can anybody explain what this relation does?
>
> I think the best explanation is in the patch announcement email[1] -
> perhaps that could be adapted for the OSM Wiki?
>
> [1] <URL: http://www.mail-archive.com/mkgmap-dev@lists.mkgmap.org.uk/msg04975.html >

Thanks for the link!

Now there have been 3 years after Mark proposed to document it in the
Wiki... I will wait for another two months. If the relation is not
documented after that time I think we can remove the code because the
usage is very rare. I guess only a very few people know how to use this
relation type correctly.
 From my point of view we shouldn't support inofficial undocumented
stuff (although it sounds useful...)

Please don't feel offended. Just add the required documentation ;-)

WanMil