logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] wrong elevationprofiles

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Mon Apr 1 10:15:52 BST 2013

Hi there,
I've finished my holidayand brought you a problem with the elevationprofil.

What I did:
Generate elevationlines, merged them to osm-data generated a map (in end
12/2012) with style-rules and set-profile=1.

The shown elevation-lines were almost correct, but the estimated
altimeters generated by my Oregon 300 out of the profile were very bad
and doesn't fit to reality and the elevation-lines.

As example I've chosen the incline of Arthurs Pass in New Zealand (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-42.8397&lon=171.6113&zoom=12&layers=Q ).

This is the generated profile: http://www.aighes.de/data/71.bmp
This is the route: http://www.aighes.de/data/133.bmp
This is the recorded profile (which fits with reality and
elevation-lines): http://www.aighes.de/data/profile.png

Does anybody discovered similar effects? I'm pretty new to using
set-profile=1, so maybe this isn't a bug in mkgmap and I made just an error.

Henning, who is very surprised about the things happend to mkgmap during
my holiday...great!!!