logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] locator rules and transparent maps

From littlehelper berny.moser at gmx.at on Sat Mar 30 17:01:45 GMT 2013

Hi,

I've observed a similar behaviour in BaseCamp. I don't know why the
parameter '--transparent' does not what it is expected to do, but the
background with type '0x4b' is always shown in BaseCamp regardless if the
parameter is set or not.
Is this caused due to BaseCamp behaviour or due to a possible bug in mkgmap?

Is one of these parameters I use at least the reason for creating the
background (multi)polygon?
... --add-pois-to-lines --add-pois-to-areas --pois-to-areas-placement
--link-pois-to-ways --adjust-turn-headings=1 --process-exits --merge-lines
--remove-short-arcs --reduce-point-density --reduce-point-density-polygon
--min-size-polygon --draw-priority=10 --index --route --tdbfile ...

A workaround is to add a transparent bitmap with type '0x4b' to the '.typ'
file and delete the corresponding entry in the '[_drawOrder]' section.

Is there already an answer / a solution to the previous post from Thorsten?

Thank you.