logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing issue to POI

From Enrico Liboni eliboni at gmail.com on Sat Mar 30 12:13:49 GMT 2013

Folks, I'm sometime getting routing issues to some POIs - most seems ok but
some are always showing the problem. I'm wondering if what I'm hitting is
the problem described at:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/known_issues#add-pois-to-areas_sometimes_places_the_POI_outside_the_polygon

Here's what happens:
* In my garmin device I select a poi
* the device calculates the route, but the purple path displayed  does not
follow real streets (it goes mostly parallel to them - see below pictures)

Any idea?

In the example the POI name is: Where To->Point if Interest->Hospitals
"Ospedale Ca' Foncell" - it's near Treviso, Italy)
http://imageshack.us/a/img829/3130/leftt.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img198/3915/overviewer.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img6/1766/poiv.jpg

I'm using splitter r299, mkgmap r2540 (same issue with older version),
fresh maps from geofabrick and command line is:

java -Xmx2000M -jar ./mkgmap/mkgmap.jar --family-name="OSM Ita and Alps"
--description="OSM Ita and Alps" --route --remove-short-arcs
--add-pois-to-areas --bounds=bounds
--location-autofill=bounds,nearest,is_in --index --gmapsupp
--output-dir="./data/" ./data/6*osm.pbf

Many thanks as usual!!!
Enrico