logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview map for Africa

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Mar 28 14:16:07 GMT 2013

> WanMil wrote
>> >3. In case --precomp-sea parameter is set the data from an additional
>> >file in the precompiled sea folder is used.
> You mean this additional file could provide all wanted info like level2-
> boundaries, rivers, etc.?

No, only sea data. I think that we don't need the other stuff. It is
contained in the img files. Of course the problem will be to handle them
appropriately, e.g. the "Bodensee" might be split into several small
polygons that might need to be reassembled for the overview map.
Yes, the sea data is also contained in the img files but we don't need
to invent a new type of precompiled data and therefore it is quite easy
to get high quality data.

WanMil