logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview map for Africa

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Thu Mar 28 10:18:36 GMT 2013

Thanks Gerd, I did a quck test with my combined Benelux & Germany map, the v2 patch works fine:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64716698/OSM/mkgmap/overview3.jpg

At the moment don't worry about the extended types.
I can do it with some workarounds by adjusting my styles a bit.
At the moment my lowest map resolution is 16, but with a working overview map this could be set to 18.
Then I can use 16 (or 17?) for the map details that needs to be set in the overview map (it renders too many items now), and for the moment without extended line and polygon types. I think this will render the maps definitely quicker than now.

> Forgot to mention that data with extended types is still ignored. I
> don't know if this is supported in overview maps ?
> If I got this right we have no existing code to read that kind of
> data, so it will require much more coding and testing.
>
> Gerd

About some data for the overview map, maybe this could be a good source:
http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/