logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multiple relation names

From Geoff Sherlock geoffrey_sherlock at btinternet.com on Tue Mar 26 21:16:04 GMT 2013

Hi Marko,

I tried moving the first part to the relations file and saw no route names
come up. Reverted it to how it was, but I have tried to make it like the bus
route example in the style documentation as well (so more filtering for
walking routes, setting route=hiking etc in relations).

I've downloaded all the test data, config etc I'm using to the link below,
this is for a very small area.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwtvifQlqjWyaVJYMDFJeDFnaTA/edit?usp=sharing

I think if you copy this to the directory containing mkgmap.jar and run the
bat file (in windows), all should compile - but I may have missed removing
some directory names.

I have also attached a waypoint gpx file showing a route I know to belong to
two relations and is not named.

If you, or anyone else wants to look, please do.

I've been so caught up on this problem I've only just realised I'm missing
the England world cup qualifier!!!

Cheers, Geoff.

-----Original Message-----
From: MarkoMäkelä
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:24 PM
To: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Multiple relation names

Hi Geoff,

>Yes I understand the concept now, I just can't get it to work! I have
>simplified the lines file now, but no change:
>
>type=route & name=* {
>    apply {
>        set route_display_name='$(route_display_name)/${name}'|'${name}';
>    }
>}

The above should be in the relations file.

>(highway=track | highway=bridleway | highway=cycleway | highway=footway) &
>route_display_name=* {set name='${route_display_name}'}

This one should be in the lines file, before any matching highway=*
rules.

>If I replace route_display_name with just name, and remove the line
>that sets the way name; it does not change the way name at all???

Can you try with a small map extract that you download with JOSM and
save as *.osm file? And can you try this with a minimal style,
containing as few rules as possible?

Could it depend on the order in which the relations and ways are written
in the *.osm file? If it does, that would be a bug in mkgmap. And the
bug might exist only in *.osm not in *.osm.pbf or vice versa. So, you
might want to try converting from one format to another with Osmosis or
some other tool.

If you are modifying the default style, you will have to run 'ant dist'
to put the modified style to the mkgmap.jar. (Sorry, this may be stupid
advice, but you did not write which exact steps you followed, so I have
to extrapolate and make assumptions.)

Best regards,

Marko