logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview map for Africa

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Tue Mar 26 09:30:27 GMT 2013

Gerd wrote:
> Today I tried the solution implemented by Steve in the overview branch
> , and
> although the code is more that two years old it seems to do what I
> suggested, so I wonder why it wasn't merged into the trunk.
> africa_overview.png
> <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5754697/africa_overview.png>

Hi Gerd

If I look at your overviewmap the coastline seems still very detailed.
How many tiles is this overview map (just one?).
Is it possible to use another shape for the continent(s) or maybe a filtered
osm coastline that throws away all the small details like islands and stuff?

Is it possible to update this branch version so we can experiment a bit with the overview map?