logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview map for Africa

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Mar 26 08:29:23 GMT 2013

Hi all,

thanks for the input.

Today I tried the solution implemented by Steve in the overview branch , and
although the code is more that two years old it seems to do what I
suggested, so I wonder why it wasn't merged into the trunk.
africa_overview.png
<http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5754697/africa_overview.png>

If I got this right, Steve sees two possible uses:
1) Create the img files with the normal style and create the overview map
using the data from these img files
2) Create two sets of img files, one with the normal style, one with an
"overview" style. Create the overview map with the 2nd set and combine it
with the 1st set of img files.

I don't know if 2) would work?