logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multiple relation names

From Geoff Sherlock geoffrey_sherlock at btinternet.com on Mon Mar 25 19:17:22 GMT 2013

I’m sure I’ve read on this list that this is possible. For walking maps I would the way name to consist of all possible related names for that way. For instance for the relations named ‘Icknield Way’ and ‘Chiltern Way’, I would like a way that is contained in both relations to be named ‘Icknield Way Chiltern Way’.

Currently I am displaying names for relations using the following in the relations style file:
type=route {
    apply {
        set route_display_name='${name}';
    }
}

Then I changed the names of tracks, bridleways, cycleways and footways in the lines file with:
type=route & route_display_name=* {
    apply {
        set route_display_name='${route_display_name}'
    }
}
(highway=track | highway=bridleway | highway=cycleway | highway=footway) & route_display_name=* {set name='${route_display_name}' continue with_actions}

This is working fine except for two points:

1. Where a way shares two relations only one name is shown (presumably the last alphabetically).
2. It seems that when a way is already named the way name is not changed to the name of the relation.

So for 1 – is there any way of showing multiple names?
And 2 – Why is the name not changed?

I would appreciate any help forthcoming.

Geoff.