logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] issues with tile boundaries

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Mar 24 15:36:18 GMT 2013

Hi,

I think I found a good solution. The coordinates within a subdivision are
encoded
as rounded offsets to the center point of the bbox of the subdivision.
The rounding problem occurs when a shape is divided so that one part is in
one
subdiv x and the other in y. If the coordinate of the line saved with x is
rounded down and
the same coordinate is rounded up for y, you see a gap (the blue line in
BaseCamp).

The attached patch moves the center points a little bit so that they are
aligned.

align_subdiv_center_v1.patch
<http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5754516/align_subdiv_center_v1.patch>

The compiled binary with both the TdbBuilder_v2.patch and
align_subdiv_center_v1.patch
can be downloaded here:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/94/mkgmap.jar

I tested it only for a part of Germany.