logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] check if road is connected to one side only

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Mar 21 13:26:53 GMT 2013

Hi Felix,

yes, it is quite easy to implement that check, I already did it for oneways
only (on my pc only) for the dead-end-check.
The only problem are roads which cross tile boundaries, for those we have to
disable the check because we will not know whether there are other roads on
the other side of the boundary.

Question is how to implement the change in attributes. As you know, the
check occurs after the style was evaluated, so we'd need something like
a special tag with a simple rule, maybe
"mkgmap:dead-end-check-action=set road_class=&road_class - 2"
The interpretation would be quite complex.
The only other solution that I see is the two-pass interpreter that I
already suggested,
with a new rule file roads. I did not find a simple change to implement
this, but
I did not try long.

Any ideas?

Gerd