logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap --index --tdbfile with combined contours ???

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Mar 20 23:22:36 GMT 2013

Hi

> java -Xmx1200M -jar W:\save-w\softs\OSM_mkgmap\mkgmap.jar

>       --series-name="France Nord + Belg + Lux - V20130318"
>       --gmapsupp
>       --output-dir=..\img-contours
>       --product-id=1
>       --family-id=9000
>       --family-name="SRTM-10"
>       --draw-priority=28
>       --transparent
>       -c ..\srtm-pbf\template.args

>       --product-id=1
>       --family-id=8000
>       --family-name="OSM - My map"
>       --generate-sea=extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=5000
>       --draw-priority=25
>       --remove-short-arcs
>       --show-profiles=1
>       --route
>       --tdbfile
>       --bounds=W:\save-w\softs-conf\OSM\my_maps\France-Nord_Belgique_Luxembourg\V20130308\osm\bounds
>       --location-autofill=is_in,nearest
>       --show-profiles=1
>       -c ..\osm-pbf\template.args

>       ..\typ\mapnik.typ
>
> Map is generated but, this time search is not working in Mapsource...

I always recommend creating the gmapsupp and the mapsource files in
a separate run.

I believe the command is correct for the gmapsupp file.  It will
contain two maps, one with family-id=9000 and one with family-id=8000.
There will be two indexes, one for each family. (Of course the one for
the contour maps will be empty or nearly so).

However for mapsource, I think you have to create each map family
separately. You will then have two different sets of files to be installed
separately.

That is if you really need to have them as two separate map families.

..Steve